U.S. Citizenship
Green Card
U.S. Visas
Immigration Lawyer
Immigration Forms
Additional Resources

United States Immigration

United States Immigration
The United States is a country of immigrants, and these immigrants have made our country the finest in the world. There are several ways to legally immigrate to the United States. United States Citizenship is the greatest benefit when immigrating to America. Citizenship is the next step after obtaining the permanent residence or Green Card. It is possible to apply for a Green Card by Marriage with an American citizen, being sponsored by a United States employer, by investing in the United States, through relatives who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and by the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (Green Card Lottery). Most citizens receive their citizenship by birth even when they are born abroad from American parents, but non-Americans, can apply for U.S. citizenship through the process of Naturalization. After an individual has been a United States permanent resident for a few years then can apply for the U.S. Citizenship.   Residents who have been married to a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years are eligible to apply for the Citizenship after 3 years, but other residents have to wait 5 years to apply for naturalization. Citizenship provides the maximum available rights in a country. Citizens of the United States may find many advantages, like using an American passport when traveling abroad.
United States Visas
There are several types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas to enter the United States.  It is very important that you request the right type of visa for your situation, according to your travel intentions to the United States. The visitors coming as tourist or for business that wish to enter the United States temporarily and stay for a short time, should request a non-immigrant visa.  The people that wish to live in the U.S., and that are eligible for any of the available visa types, should apply for an immigrant visa, either through employment, or request the permanent residence through immediate relatives that are U.S. citizens.
Immigration News
Ask the Immigration Lawyer
FotoAsk a Lawyer online

Ask questions to a United States Immigration Lawyer. Send your questions online and an specialized US immigration attorney will answer The attorney will answer your questions during a phone consultation or by e-mail. In addition to the Ask Lawyer service you also can order the answer to US Immigration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Ask the Immigration Attorney Kristy Figueroa-Contreras

The Miami Attorney Kristy Figueroa-Contreras specializes on U.S. immigration law, if you have immigration related questions, you can use our service to submit immigration questions online and she will answer by e-mail in 2 business days, or you can schedule a phone consultation to ask questions and receive answers and comments from this immigration attorney over the phone.  Ms. Figueroa-Contreras Law firm is based in Miami, Florida and she can help you process your case and submit your immigration application. She is very experienced in all the aspects of business and family immigration. The lawyer Kristy Figueroa Contreras is the founding partner of The Law Offices of Negri & Torres, P.A. in Miami, Florida, an international trade, business and immigration law firm based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with offices and affiliates across Latin America. In Miami she handles all types of matters about U.S. immigration, visa, naturalization, and consular law. The Attorney Kristy Figueroa-Contreras is the founding partner of The Law Offices of Negri & Torres, P.A. in Miami, Florida, an international trade, business and immigration law firm with offices and affiliates across Latin America. She handles all types of matters about U.S. immigration, visa, naturalization, and consular law. She is an expert in family-based immigrant petitions, including adjustments of status, K-1, K-2 and K-3 visas and Special Immigrant (I-360) petitions. She has experience with non-immigrant work and investor visas in the E, H, TN, L, O and P categories, as well as business (B-1) visitor visas. This attorney has experience obtaining permanent resident (“green card”) status for individuals in EB-1 and EB-2, and also experience as a legal translator. She speaks English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. Submit your immigration questions now to the immigration attorney Kristy Figueroa-Contreras.

Ask the Immigration Lawyer David Katona

David Katona specializes on immigration law, you can submit immigration questions online and he will answer in 2 business days.  Learn more about David Katona and how to ask him questions online.  He can help you processing your case and submitting your application. Mr. Katona is very experienced in all the aspects of business and family immigration, and in the defense and federal appeals of removal (or deportation). This U.S. immigration lawyer is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the New York City Bar Association. He currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Corporate Practice Committee of AILA's New York Chapter.  Mr. Katona serves as a co-founding partner of the law firm Katona & Mir LLP and continues to practice exclusively in the area of immigration law. In addition to being a partner at Katona & Mir, Mr. Katona also serves as an Of Counsel immigration consultant to law firms in New York City and Palo Alto, California. He speaks 3 languages, English, Spanish and Hungarian. Submit your immigration questions to the immigration lawyer David Katona.

Ask the Immigration Lawyer Waverley Madden

This specialized attorney is available to answer your questions about U.S. Immigration in English and Spanish. Click here to submit your immigration questions now. Ms. Waverley Madden is the attorney founder of Madden Law Firm P.C. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and admitted to practice Law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Specializes in Immigration, Bankruptcy, Entertainment, Business, and Family law. She is a lawyer and licensed Notary Public. Ms. Madden earned her law degree from Howard University School of Law, Washington D.C. in 2002. Graduated cum laude from McGill University School of Law in Montreal, Canada. She speaks English and French, and has Spanish speakers on her staff. Submit your immigration questions to this immigration attorney now.

Select your Language


Green Card

How to Get a Green Card

Through Marriage, Relatives, Employment, Investment or Lottery


How to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Application, Eligibility, Rights, Obligations and Privileges.

Green Card Renewal

How to Renew the Green Card

If your Green Card has been lost, robed, destroyed or expired, you should immediately request a new one.

Tourist Visa

Tourist Visa & Visa Waiver
Information about the Tourist Visa. Citizens of some countries don't need visa to travel to the United States with a maximum stay of 90 days.

Immigration Forms

Immigration Forms
Download forms on line to file and submit your application and immigration case properly.

Student Visa

Student Visa
Eligibility Information, Application Instructions and Procedures. Apply Now!


Citizenship Test
Sample Questions and Answers, study guide and general information about this test.

Immigration Lawyer

Immigration Lawyer
Do you have question about U.S. Immigration? Do you need help? Contact our immigration lawyers.


U.S. Immigration in

Your Source for Information about U.S. Immigration and Related Topics
United States


Disclaimer: This site is not affiliated with the U.S. government.  We are an independent organization, we are not a government organization, we provide information about the immigration process in the United States. Visit our Terms and Conditions for additional information.

Content, Production and Editing: and; Design: Terra Networks and